The University of St Andrews Students' Association has a strong and vibrant record of student democracy. We are the only UK students' union to have exceeded over 50% turnout.
RUN, NOMINATE, CAMPAIGN!
All St Andrews students are eligible to stand for election! Are you passionate about representation? Stand for the SRC! Enjoy extracurriculars? Run to join the SSC! Do you love academics? Be a School President!
If you think someone would do a fabulous job, why not tell them and nudge them to run!
Watch these videos to see what candidates get up to during elections week!
- Nominations open: 20th February 2017
- Nominations close: 24th February 2017, 5pm.
- Sabbatical candidates’ meeting: Friday 24 February at 5.30pm
- All candidates’ meeting (incl. sabbatical candidates): Saturday 25th February at 11am (Sandy’s Bar)
- Campaigning Starts: Saturday 25th February - 12pm
- General hustings: Beacon Bar, 12 - 10pm, Sunday - Tuesday.
- Athletic Union President Husting: Tuesday 28th March, StAge, 5pm
- Sabbatical Candidate Question Time: Sunday 26th February from 8.00pm (The StAge)
- Sabbatical candidates’ debate: Wednesday 1st March at 7.30pm (The StAge)
- Polls open: Thursday 2nd March at 12 midnight
- Polls close: Friday 3rd March at 6pm (Online).
- Results (School Presidents): Friday 3rd March at 8pm (The StAge).
- Results (All other posts): Friday 3rd March at 8.30pm (The StAge).
Casting A Vote
Casting a vote is simple, on March 2nd at 00:01 when voting opens all you have to do is click this link here. Then login with your St Andrews username and password. If you have trouble voting, just email saelect@ and they will help you figure out what the issue is. Occasiaonlly there are minor IT issues, but don't worry, we will get them solved so you can have your say!
Before you cast your vote you should familiarize yourself with the positions read a bit about the SRC and SSC as well as the School Presidents.
If you are really interested you can read past minutes and reports to see what they have done so far this year.
We recommend reading role descriptions as well to fully understand the responsibilities of the roles you are about to elect people to.
Elections Strategy prepared by the Director of Representation accessed here.
Finally, we will live-stream the sabbatical candidate question time sabbatical debate on the 26th February and 1st of March respectively. Watch this space for a streaming link.
Get in touch.
If you have any questions, you can email the Elections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to follow @saelect on Twitter! Like the official Facebook page!