Alasdair Richmond convenes and administers internal Union Committees and Council.
- Act as the primary administrator of Councils.
- Organise and chair meetings of student councils: the SAEC, SRC, and SAF.
- Compile agendas and papers to circulate in advance of each meeting.
- Ensure minutes are taken, and circulated after each meeting.
- Help officers to prepare motions.
- Ensure all files are uploaded to the Councils page.
- Line manage the Secretary to the SRC and Secretary to the SAF.
- Be familiar with Association policies, and update the Laws and Standing Orders.
- Manage Councils' Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter accounts.
- Act as an impartial advisor to all officers and students.
- Promote accessibility and transparency of the Association.
How my position affects you
My position directly affects students, as I ensure Councils fulfils its role of representing students. I can help any student submit a motion to make the Association address, support, or oppose an issue. I make sure students are invited to Councils meetings, and that motions and minutes of all meetings are available online.
I hold office hours at 5pm Tuesdays for anyone to come and discuss anything to do with Councils!
I'm from Anstruther, Scotland! I am going into my fourth year studying Biology and Geography. I wanted to be your Association Chair as I have sat on councils for the past two years as your Community Relations Officer. This was a step up for me, and I wanted to improve the way councils work and increase engagement across the student body so more people can get involved! A fun fact about me is, I have been a summer camp counsellor in Wisconsin for the past three summers!
My manifesto pledges
Want my job?
This position is elected in March each year. It's a voluntary position taking 15-20 hours per week, from April to March. Any matriculated student is eligible to stand for election, unless graduating.
If you're considering this role, get in touch with me or my line manager (President) to ask any questions.
Hours spent working on this role count towards a Volunteering Award, which is listed on your academic transcript.
J21-06: Motion to reform the Association Laws