- Our organisation is formally known as the University of St Andrews Students' Association, abbreviated to the Students' Association. Note the position of the apostrophe.
- The organisation is informally referred to as the Union. This name technically refers to the building which houses the Students' Association. The two names are generally interchangeable, but Union should be avoided in formal documents.
- The town is St Andrews, not St. Andrews.
- Use a comma between elements (including before and and or) in a series of three or more items.
- The Students' Association organises Freshers' Week, which forms part of the University's Orientation Week.
- Ampersands (&) should be avoided except in official titles.
- Academic years should be written with a slash and abbreviation: 2020/21.
- Use convenor as opposed to convener.
- When referring to the Union's floors, use top, middle, and ground, not 1st or 2nd.
- Use semester one and semester two, as opposed to Semester 1 or Spring semester.
- In a bulleted list, each bullet point which is a complete sentence, regardless of the length of the sentence, should start with a capital letter and end with a full stop.
- Page URLs should include a hyphen between words, e.g. yourunion.net/example-page.
- Where an email address or external link includes multiple words, the first letter of each word should be capitalised, e.g. ExampleName@st-andrews.ac.uk or twitter.com/ExamplePage.
- Links should open in a new tab, unless the link is to another page within the website.
- Links should not display http://www.
- Downloadable documents should be in .pdf format. If a document is intended to be edited beyond a signature and date, e.g. an application form, it should instead be in .docx format.
The Students' Association's branding focuses on a tricolour design: blue for events and spaces, yellow for representation, and crimson for activities.
|Representation, Councils, SRC
|Activities, societies, SAF
|Admin, JC, other
- The Students' Association logo uses Gotham.
- This website uses Open Sans as the default font.
The images below may be used on marketing material associated with the Students' Association.