The Piazza is our large driveway area, stretching from the main entrance to the edge of Market Street.
It's often used for bake sales, ticket sales, and other stalls, due to the high footfall next to the street. It can also host some kinds of performance.
A stall on the Piazza can be booked whenever the main building is open; check our opening hours.
Booking the piazza for a stall
Free for affiliated groups, otherwise £5/half day and £10/full day. See Book a space for more.
Any group running a bake sale on the piazza, or anywhere on Association premises, must follow these rules.
- Goods sold at bake sales must not compete with Rector’s Cafe, and cannot be consumed in Rector’s Cafe.
- A stall must be booked through reception, either in person or by contacting [email protected].
- "Bake sale" refers to pre-prepared baked goods such as cakes, biscuits. etc.
- Ingredients must be clearly displayed. Allergens must be labelled in bold print.
- Hot food and drinks, food requiring refrigeration, and food requiring preparation on site will not be permitted.
Anyone preparing or selling food and drink for bake sales should follow guidance at food.gov.uk/business-guidance/food-hygiene-for-your-business.
If you have any questions, contact our Director of Events and Services at [email protected].
Booking the piazza for a performance or event
- Cost to hire: dependent on ticketing, security, and bar requirements. Contact [email protected].
- Audiovisual equipment may be provided by Ents Crew. A gazebo is available, along with a power supply.
See Book a space for more.
The Field is a large grass area directly behind the Union building. It measures approximately 40m x 15m, and is nestled between 601 and a line of trees.
See Book a space to book.