Sofia Johnson is president of Saints LGBT+, organising policy and creating community.
About the Position
The LGBT+ Officer leads the Saints LGBT+ subcommittee, represents the LGBT+ community, promoting the welfare and social aspects of the LGBT+ community.
Specifically, the LGBT+ Officer:
- Chairs and leads the Saints LGBT+ Committee
- Liaises with Association officers as appropriate
- Assists and supports all other committee members in performing their duties
- Has access to the Saints LGBT+ email account, and arrange access for appropriate committee members
- Serves as a signatory on the Saints LGBT+ committee bank account
- Serves on the Students’ Representative Council and Equality Committee
- Promotes the wellbeing of the LGBT+ Communitys
- Fosters a strong relationship with Students Services and the DoWell
- Collaborates with other Councillors and School Presidents on shared projects and events
Role holders take office in April and end their term the following March. On average, the LGBT+ Officer spends between 15 and 20 hours per week on their role.