About the Position
Alice Kathryn Chapman, as the Charities Officer, chairs, coordinates, and oversees the running of the Charities Campaign within the Students' Association.
Specifically, the Charities Officer:
- Raises awareness of the three nominated charities.
- Ensures the Charities Campaign raises as much money as possible
- Chairs all meetings of the Charities Campaign
- Work closely with the Executive Committee to ensure all areas within the Campaign are running smoothly
- Serves as an active member of the Charities Campaign Events Team, Race2 committee, RAG committee, Challengers committee, and Catwalk committee
- Supports other student groups attempting to raise money for charity
- Supports halls, students, and student groups in raising money for other charitable causes
- Serves as a signatory on the Charities Campaign bank account, and ensure the budget is spent responsibly
- Serves on the Student Representative Council.
- Manages the Charities Campaign email account and arranges access for appropriate committee members.
- Offers advice and support to all areas of the Charities Campaign
- Works with subcommittees to organise a wide variety of events.
- Liaises with the DoSDA, Association staff, sports clubs, and other student groups.
- Works with external representatives from charities across the world, particularly those from the three nominated charities
- Adapts Charities Campaign activities to keep up with developments in the fundraising community
- On average, you will spend between 10 and 15 hours a week on this role. Some weeks will be more demanding than others.
Role holders take office in April and end their term the following March. On average, the Charities Officer spends between 10 and 15 hours per week on their role.