1. Complete the New Society Request Form
First, have a look through our list of Societies to make sure that your society will not clash with the aims of any of our existing societies – remember, we cannot affiliate your society if it does!
The Societies Committee will discuss your idea and you will be granted "leave to proceed" if there are no major issues. You should hear back within around a week.
2. Complete the Societies' Affilation Paperwork and Trainings.
If you are granted leave to proceed you will receive the link to complete Societies' Affilation Paperwork Upload it and complete traingings within three weeks of getting leave to proceed.
We recommend attending training before uploading your paperwork. You can email socs@ or check the YourUnion calendar
for the next training dates.
Trainings are held every two weeks on Wednesdays at 3pm in Main Bar.
The affilaition paperwork outlines all of the requirements for being an affiliated society. It includes:
- a constitution (you'll receive a model constitution upon getting Leave to Proceed)
- a list of 25 paid members
- a risk assessment
All these forms can be found here
If you are interested in viewing these forms before beginning the affiliation process, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Once you've uploaded the affiliation paperwork and completed trainings, you'll receive an affiliation confirmation. Congrats on your new society!