The Societies Committee
supports the many and diverse societies of the University of St Andrews Students' Association. The committee consists of 14 members, headed by the Societies Officer
, who work to manage the administration for 140+ societies throughout the year.
The role of the Societies Committee:
- Oversee the Freshers Fayre
- Manage affiliation and reaffiliation
- Organise and run training
- Provide financial assistance through grants and loans
- Coordinate elections and provide returning officers for society AGMs and EGMs.
- Provide Health & Safety support
- Promote society events and activities
- Run the Societies Clinic
- Provide advice and support whenever needed
The Societies Committee have weeky drop-in Societies Office Hours (every Monday 4-6pm to address society concerns one-on-one. The Societies Officer and Grants Officer will be present every week to work with your society.
You can find the Societies Committee on Facebook.