Every society has a page on yourunion.net/societies. This is by far the most viewed page on the website, and is the first place new students go to find out about societies, so make sure your page is kept up to date.
See our website help page for tips on how to use your page.
If you don't have access to edit your society page, ask SAdesign@.
In addition to your page on yourunion.net, you can set up your own website. One way to do this is through the University's hosting service, wp.st-andrews.ac.uk.
Design Team offers free graphic design services and workshops. They can create a logo, poster, or graphic for your society. Request a design here. They also offer a photography service.
If you need to access design software, the Design Suite has 6 computers with Adobe Creative Suite.
Two UniPrint printers/scanners are available in the Design Suite.
The Union offers specialist and high-quantity printing, including tickets, wristbands, posters, and banners. See services for more information.
If you're hosting an event, make sure it's promoted through as many channels as possible:
- Add your event to the Union calendar using the link at the top of the page
- Ask the DoES to include your event in the weekly sabb email
- You can display posters in the Union, halls, and some University spaces if you have explicit permission from each building
- Add your event to the University calendar
- Make a Facebook event
- Send a cohost request to Your Union Events
- Share it to lots of groups, including Class of 20**, Postgraduate Society, and Events in St Andrews
- Post about your event on Instagram
- Send the post to @StAndrewsUnion, and it will be shared to the Union's story