Whether you are looking for good causes, trips across Europe, a fashion show, nights out, an amazing CV builder, free wine, an opportunity to make a difference, an easy way to make new friends, free access to some of the biggest events in town, volunteering opportunities, a big cuddly lion or anything else in between – look no further.
The CHARITIES CAMPAIGN is the official charitable subcommittee of the Students’ Association: every matriculated student is automatically a member. It takes nothing to come along and get involved!
Our primary aim is to raise as much money as we possibly can for our three student nominated charities and have just as much fun in the process. Last year, we raised over £150,000 for charity and we can’t wait to watch our total rising again during this academic year.
In 2017/2018, the student body nominated SAVE THE CHILDREN (international charity), THE SCOTTISH REFUGEE COUNCIL (national charity), and FAMILIES FIRST ST ANDREWS (local charity) as our three nominated charities!
On top of all of the work we do with our ‘Three Noms’ we are also the funding body for all of the Union’s charitable societies – helping to hold events for many different causes.
We hold an absolute ton of EVENTS and are far from the bucket-shaking stereotype: we hitchhike across Europe with Race2, turn the town purple with RAISING AND GIVING WEEK (RAG WEEK), organise a fashion show CATWALK, and much, much more thanks to our EVENTS TEAM. We will also be holding bake sales, cloakrooms, and other events throughout the year.
Come and GET INVOLVED! There is something for everyone! Come along, get involved and make a difference.
We have an EGM coming up at the beginning of Semester 1 – like us on Facebook to stay up to date, or come along to our committee meetings in the union’s Meeting Room, every Monday at 7pm – anyone can come along and find out what we do! These are followed by a Campaign social in the Union!
Are you a society? We can help with any of your fundraising needs! Cloakroom rails, fundraising buckets, marketing and more - get in touch!
firstname.lastname@example.org - all General Charities Campaign Enquiries
email@example.com - Charities Campaign Convenor's email address
firstname.lastname@example.org - all Society enquiries, including Charitable Societies.
email@example.com - all Race2 enquiries
firstname.lastname@example.org - all RAG Week enquiries
email@example.com - all CATWALK Charity Fashion Show enquiries
Stay in the loop with everything the Charities Campaign gets up to on Facebook!:
Charities Campaign: https://www.facebook.com/StAndrewsCharities/
RAG Week: https://www.facebook.com/standrewsRAG/
CATWALK Charity Fashion Show: http://www.facebook.com/Catwalkstandrews
Introducing our 2017/2018 Committee!
Need to get in contact with a member of our committee?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll ensure the message gets to them!
- Charities Campaign Convenor - Jamie Minns
- Vice Convenor - Jessica Whiteley
- Secretary - Ellie Dade
- Treasurer - Cameron Craig
- Marketing Coordinator - Rachel Griffiths
- Sponsorship & Development Coordinator - Harry Parker
- Race2 Coordinator - Jacob Pepper
- RAG Week Coordinator - Jennie Matthews
- Events Team Coordinator - Lydia Thompson
- Societies Coordinator - Niamh McGurk
- Halls Coordinator - Robin Legg
- Cloakroom Coordinator - Kim Kay
- DoSDA - Charlotte Flatley
- Mascot, Lion and Charities Extraordinaire - Rory McLion
- RAG Week Vice Coordinator - Julia Barrie
- RAG Week Events Officer - Nicole Ip
- RAG Week Volunteer Officer - Sophie Ainsworth
- RAG Week Student Involvement Officer - Kerry Yang
- CATWALK Director - Olivia Smales
- CATWALK Head of Finance - Amy Sutlieff
- CATWALK Head of Events - Nicole Slyusareva
- Race2 Marketing Officer - Pia Szabo
- Race2 Logistics Officer - Alice Borsatti
- Race2 Finance & Admin Officer - Roisin Gendall
- Events Team Vice Coordinator - Adam Powrie
- Charities Campaign Resources Officer - Libbi Carruthers