Extensions to coursework deadlines are only granted when your ability to complete coursework has been significantly affected by extenuating circumstances, such as an illness or bereavement. To request an extension, you should contact the relevant course or module coordinator in the first instance as soon as it is possible to do so, and submit a self-certificate documenting the circumstances.