All matriculated postgraduate students, both taught and research, are automatically a member of the Postgraduate Society. Our job is twofold; we deal with academic representation and organize events for postgraduates.
The Postgraduate Society during the academic year 2018/19 is led by the Postgraduate Society President, Cameron Rice. The Postgraduate Convenor deals with academic representation and the Development Officer focuses on Welfare, while the President manages the organizing of events. We also work closely together with St Leonard’s College, the home for all postgraduates. We organise events ranging from whisky tastings, ceilidhs to bus trips and balls through the Postgraduate Society Committee. Therefore, new members are welcome to join and bring in new ideas about what the Postgraduate Society can offer to the postgraduate community.
You can find us in Meeting Room (first floor of the Union) every Tuesday between 5-6pm. Just stop by for a chat, all our meetings are open!
The Postgraduate Society is here to provide a great time for postgrads in St Andrews, whether you’re here for a Masters or a PhD, we hope to welcome every one of you at our events.
· Postgraduate Society President – Cameron Rice (email@example.com)
· Postgraduate Convenor – Ashley Clayton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Postgraduate Development Officer – Courtney Aitken (email@example.com)
· Secretary – Ana Neferu
· Treasurer – Will Cairns
· St Leonard’s liaison officer – Michal Tyra
· Events Officers – Aliya Ali & Akshay Thangavel
· Ball Convenor – Inés Nearchou
· Marketing Officer – Catherine Lacroix
· Members Without Portfolio – Alessandra Seidita & Marisa McVey
· Director of Student Development & Activities – Jamie Minns (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Director of Education - Alice Foulis (email@example.com)