Welcome to the tenth annual Society Awards! With over £5,000 to give away, we’re so excited about this opportunity to celebrate the hard work and dedication of societies.
There are ten awards available that will be awarded to affiliated societies that have demonstrated excellence over the past year. Awards are self-nominated. There will be one winner and one-runner up for each award. Three finalists for each award will be invited to the Society Awards Ceremony on 23rd April, 2020.
The following document outline the eligibility, criteria and award amount for each award.
All societies are encouraged to apply. Applications take five to ten minutes of your time and can earn your society up to £1,000. Nominations are open from the 9th of March and will close at midnight on the 3rd of April.
Please note that union subcommittees are not eligible for the award.
Link for application: https://forms.gle/Q7X2TJzdNYLNB7NN9
Award for Exceptional Individual Contribution
This year we have decided to highlight the contributions that have been made by members of societies that have significantly improved the society experience or the society itself. Approximately ten awards will be awarded in any academic session.
Nominees must be nominated by another member of their society. Nominees are not allowed to self-nominate. Contributions to union subcommittees are not eligible for this award.
The following are the criteria for the award:
- The nominee must be a matriculated student at University of St Andrews
- The nominee must have contributed significantly to an affiliated society in the current academic year in at least one of the following ways:
- Created a society from scratch
- Brought an event to new heights
- Improved student experience within the society
- Dedicated a significant amount of time to the running of the society
- Facilitated collaboration between societies
- Improved town and gown relations through the society
- The nominee must be in good standing with the Students' Association i.e. they are not currently banned or facing disciplinary action by the Students' Association
Winners of the award will be invited to the Society Awards Ceremony. Nominations are open from the 9th of March and will close at midnight on the 3rd of April.
Link for nomination: https://forms.gle/gRtk4VMzHqNwTmW87