The Employability Fund is a sum of money ring-fenced by the Students' Association for any affiliated society to host a careers- or employability-based event.
The money is awarded on a discretionary basis. The fund is administrated by the funding body, which consists of the DoSDA, DoEd, and Association Management Accountant.
- The maximum award is £200. Additional funds can be applied for, but will require approval from the entire funding body.
- Funding can be used for events, marketing, travel, or any further costs
- Events supported by the fund must be open to all students, and follow the Association's Equality and Diversity Policy
- Funding cannot be used to purchase alcohol
- Original receipts/invoices must be provided for all purchases
- Changes to an event after the fund is awarded may lead to changes or withdrawal of funding. You must therefore notify [email protected] or [email protected] of any changes, including date and location.
- Funded events are expected to make use of Association facilities, except where these are not available or suitable.
- Any member(s) awarded funding may be expected to attend meetings with the DoSDA at regular intervals before, during, and after the project, to monitor progress and offer support.
- A written report will be due on completion of the project, with the deadline set by the DoSDA at the time a grant is awarded.
Apply via this form. You must be logged in to view the page.
You should apply at least 2 weeks before the event.
The funding body will email to confirm receipt of your application within one week.
For each application, the funding body will choose one of the following outcomes:
- Approve grant in full
- Approve grant in part
- Offer a loan instead
- Request further information
- Reject application
- Enquiries regarding academic subject-based employability projects/events should be sent to [email protected].
- All other enquiries regarding employability projects/events should be sent to [email protected].