The Employability Fund is a sum of money ring-fenced by the Students' Association for any affiliated society to host a careers- or employability-based event.
The money is awarded on a discretionary basis. The fund is administrated by the funding body, which consists of the DoSDA, Employability Officer, and Association Management Accountant.
- The maximum award is £200. Additional funds can be applied for, but will require approval from the entire funding body.
- Funding can be used for events, marketing, travel, or any further costs
- Events supported by the fund must be open to all students, and follow the Association's Equality and Diversity Policy
- Funding cannot be used to purchase alcohol
- Original receipts/invoices must be provided for all purchases
- Changes to an event after the fund is awarded may lead to changes or withdrawal of funding. You must therefore notify DoSDA@ of any changes, including date and location.
- Funded events are expected to make use of Association facilities, except where these are not available or suitable.
- Any member(s) awarded funding may be expected to attend meetings with the DoSDA at regular intervals before, during, and after the project, to monitor progress and offer support.
- A written report will be due on completion of the project, with the deadline set by the DoSDA at the time a grant is awarded.
Apply via this form. You must be logged in to view the page.
You should apply at least 2 weeks before the event.
If you are waiting for a response for more than one week, please feel free to email dosda@
The funding body will email to confirm receipt of your application within one week.
For each application, the funding body will choose one of the following outcomes:
- Approve grant in full
- Approve grant in part
- Offer a loan instead
- Request further information
- Reject application
- All enquiries regarding employability projects/events should be sent to DoSDA@.