Organising Freshers' Week
We are looking for Freshers' Week Volunteers! Want to help out and be responsible for Freshers' Week 2022 going off without a hitch? More information coming soon.
Orientation/Freshers' Week will run from Saturday 3rd to Sunday 11th September.
Freshers Fayre is on Mon 5th and Tue 6th September from 1-5pm in the Sports Centre grounds.
Affiliated groups should request a stall by 23:59 on 15th August. Send any questions to [email protected].
External groups can request a stall by emailing [email protected].
Complete the form to hold an event during Freshers' Week.
- The form closes at 23:59 on 31 July.
- Events submitted here will go into the University Orientation app.
- Submit a new form for every event you're holding.
- This form is also your room booking form. You'll be emailed a confirmation of the room you were allocated.
- Resource Booker will be used again for room bookings in Week 1 and beyond.
- You, as the event organiser, are responsible for attendees following COVID rules.
Charitable and Volunteering Fayre
The Charitable and Volunteering Fayre is coordinated by the Charities Campaign. All queries should be directed to cha[email protected].
There will be a large number of affiliated societies, as well as some external organisations. St Andrews has a really active charitable and volunteering presence, so this is the perfect opportunity to see what you can get involved with.
The Freshers' Fund is money allocated to kick-starting societies activities at the start of the academic year - primarily being used to pay for Freshers' Week events. It is open to all affiliated societies and is given out at the discretion of the Director of Student Development and Activities.
The maximum amount given to any one society is £250. One budget form should be submitted for every individual event.
Download and complete the application form then email it to [email protected] by 23:59 31st July.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to email the Director of Student Dvelopment and Activities at [email protected].