Last updated 18th January 2021
- 22nd January will be the last day of free food. This service was set up to support students who wouldn't usually be in St Andrews over winter break. We hope you enjoyed it!
- Due to high demand, we have had to limit free food to 12-2:30pm each day, only for students/staff.
- Follow staff directions to queue, and collect food without entering the building.
We know that many of you are staying in St Andrews over winter break, and for some this will be your first time away from home at Christmas. That's why we're working with the University's Can Do team to offer free meals from Main Bar.
Any student or staff member can get a free main meal, side, and drink – every day!
This is available 12-2:30pm, 7 days a week, until 22nd January (end date subject to change).
Getting free food
- Join the queue at the front of the Union, following staff directions. The queue goes behind the building, to an outdoor collection point. (See photos below.)
- Show your student/staff ID card when joining the queue.
- Scan the QR code provided in person. This is how you place an order. It will also show you the menu, and ask for track and trace details.
- Collect your food!
The Can Do marquee (Panda Pod) is still open as a safe, warm common area. You could take food here, in groups of up to 2 people. Check marquee opening times.
Remember to follow the Covid Code while in St Andrews. If you have any questions, please contact union@.