Hi! My name is Elinor Layne and I am your School President of Social Anthropology for the 2020-21 academic year.
I am originally from Texas in the USA but have called St Andrews my home for the last three years. As we move forward into this academic year, I have set a few goals for my presidency:
- expand disability support within the department by ensuring readings are compatible with key softwares
- streamline communication with the opening of an online 'question and suggestion' box
- improve the department's feedback loop, keeping students informed about key decisions made by student representatives and staff
- commit to diversifying course reading lists and resources
- expand on the host of social events provided by the department and foster a greater sense of community amongst all our anthropologists
Although this academic year is certainly not getting off to the start we'd all have chosen, please know that department staff and I are here to support you. Please do not hesitate to reach out via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions, comments or concerns. For further department information, check out this webpage: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/social-anthropology/ . I look forward to working with you this year!'
We are here solely for The University of St Andrews students. We
are here to make the student experience as strong as it can be,
provide services you need and to represent your views to the
University and beyond. We are a charity registered in Scotland and
we are mostly volunteers, from the members of the SRC and SSC to
the Ents Crew who run Union events, all the society committee
members to the Trustees of our Board.
Phone: (01334 46) 2700Fax: (01334 46) 2740
St Mary's Place
St Andrews, KY16 9UZ