Bookings are not approved until we confirm so via email, and you attend an Ents Users meeting.
This form should be submitted at least 2 weeks before your event, or 3 weeks if you require equipment or technical support.
Note that hire charges may apply, and will be confirmed when your booking is approved.
Security charges will apply for club nights and live music, and may sometimes apply to other event types. Costs will be confirmed when your booking is accepted.
If you answer yes to any question in this section, you must attend an Ents Users meeting at least two weeks before your event.
If yes, a layout must be brought to the Ents Users meeting or attached here.
Note that you must not bring your own food into the building.
Confirmation of numbers and food options are required 7 working days before your event; failure to do so will result in a charge based on original numbers. Email SAcatering@ with any questions.
Note that venues can be booked without bars; drinks can be purchased from other bars within the building (excluding Beacon Bar).
You cannot bring your own alcohol into to building
You can order wine for your event without requiring a bar.
If yes, there will be a £50/hour minimum spend (additional for Beacon Bar). We will send further information once your booking is approved.
Additional comments and questions
Remember you can email ents@ with any technical questions, SAcatering@ with catering questions, and SAbar@ with bar or drinks questions.
Terms and conditions
- The Students' Association is obliged to provide a venue as agreed, technical equipment as agreed with Ents Crew, and Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ents Crew reserves the right to cancel a booking, withdraw technical assistance, and/or withhold equipment if the event organiser fails to attend an Ents Users meeting at least two weeks before the event, or if the event is deemed unfeasible and no suitable provisions are made.
- Ents Crew are student volunteers; they may be able to assist you, but are not obliged to do so. They will confirm this with you at the Ents Users meeting.
- The organiser is responsible for the behaviour of all organisers and operators, and must follow all Health and Safety guidelines, including those given by members of Ents Crew.
- Flat fee payment should be paid to Union reception. Floats will be collected by the duty porter on the night, and processed by the Cash Office for ticket split arrangements.
- Events and equipment operated in conjunction with a charitable body, such as the Students' Association, are subject to charity law.
- All booking forms should be submitted at least 14 days before your event, or 3 weeks if equipment or technical support is required.
- A surcharge of £10, or £20 for StAge, applies for non-affiliated groups using any audiovisual, lighting, or sound equipment.
- Please read and agree to these documents:
- This agreement shall be legally binding when the box below is ticked.
Note that a booking is not approved until you receive confirmation via email.
Forms submitted after 5pm Friday will not be seen until Monday.
Ents Users meetings
The Ents Users meeting is held at 1pm every Wednesday during term time, in the Meeting Room on the middle floor of the Union. No reservation is required. Here's a list of questions you may be asked.
Contact ents@ now if you:
- Require technical consultation to determine requirements for your booking
- Have specific technical requirements or ideas regarding the lighting, sound, or projection for your event
- Are bringing any external acts, including non-resident DJs, to any Union venue
If your event meets the criteria below, and you don't have any decorations, then you do not have to attend an Ents Users meeting:
- Event in Sandy's Bar, with 2 wireless mics, 1 projector, and music
- Event in Beacon Bar, with 1 wireless mic, and music