About my position
This year, I will be working with Joe, the Faculty President of Arts and Divinity, to represent students at various levels of the University. Our main jobs include supporting School Presidents, representing the student voice on both academic and non-academic matters, and working towards our own self-initiated projects.
We will support School Presidents and Modern Language Conveners, by helping them understand their role, improve their departments, and host some great events throughout the year.
We also sit on several committees, which aim to allow the student voice to be heard on academic matters:
- Education Committee: The Director of Education, Faculty Presidents, Postgraduate Academic Convener, School Presidents and Language Conveners all meet to discuss academic issues. This enables us to offer support to School Presidents and Language Conveners, and also give our input on University-wide issues.
- School President’s Forum: This is similar to Education Committee, but we are joined by the Deans and the Proctor.
- Senatus Academicus: We act as the student voice during the meetings of the University’s highest academic body, Senatus Academicus.
- Student Representative Council (SRC): We sit on the SRC, alongside other elected councillors. The SRC is the legally-recognised body for student representation, that addresses University-wide issues.
- We are also members of the Race and Equality Working Group, the Library User Forum, the Employability Forum, and several others.
You can find minutes to these meetings on the EduCom page.
I’m excited to have this opportunity, and I’m looking forward to representing you this year. If you have any questions, or anything you would like to discuss, please email me at scimedfp@, or drop by our weekly office hours (time and place TBC).
Read my full manifesto here.