I am originally from Texas in the USA, but have called St Andrews my home for the last three years. As we move forward into this academic year, I have set a few goals for my presidency:
- Expand disability support within the department by ensuring readings are compatible with key softwares
- Streamline communication with the opening of an online 'question and suggestion' box
- Improve the department's feedback loop, keeping students informed about key decisions made by student representatives and staff
- Commit to diversifying course reading lists and resources
- Expand on the host of social events provided by the department, and foster a greater sense of community amongst all our anthropologists
Although this academic year is certainly not getting off to the start we'd all have chosen, please know that department staff and I are here to support you. Please do not hesitate to reach out via email (SocAnthPresident@) if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
For further department information, check out st-andrews.ac.uk/social-anthropology. I look forward to working with you this year!