



Disabled Students' Network Committee Meeting

St Andrews Students' Association

10th September 2020, 5pm

In Attendance:

Anna-Ruth Cockerham - *SRC Member for Students with Disabilities*

Molly Paechter - *Deputy Convenor*

Kristina Kumpf - *Events Officer*

Jane Yarnell - *Secretary*

Kiera Obi - *Neurodiversity Representative*

Natalya Stone - *Mental Health Representative*

Emma Walsh - *Director of Wellbeing*

Emma MacAndrews - *Physical Disability Representative*

Maddy Shephard - *Publicity Officer*

Apologies:

None

Minutes:

Accessibility Pledge

ARC: The pledge has been released, is available to sign up to. If anyone knows people who run societies, are on committees, ect, please encourage them to sign up.

Freshers Fayre

ARC: The fayre is 12-5, and people can ask questions in the chat until 9. Is anyone free to do an hour slot. Does anyone have any times that they are *not free* on Sunday?

KO: What is the format?

ARC: Its on this thing called Hopin, there are stalls people can click on and join either a video chat or type comments.

Games Night

ARC: A few of you said you could attend, please do come along and invite friends. If there are any games you want, please suggest them in the group chat.

Disability Pride Week Events

ARC: I figured we would go through the days in order, and we can get an update from each person.

ARC: Monday is Kristina's event

KK: It was going to be a speaker event, now it is an event about environmental ableism. I have someone who has offered to help out in the style of a podcast with a video companion piece.

ARC: Is that in collaboration with environment committee?

KK: I think so.

ARC: Will you pre-record it and put it on youtube?

KK: Yes, it will be about an hour

ARC: Can you caption that?

KK: Yes

ARC: Try to leave like 2 hours aside to correct the captions

ARC: If you could set a time for it to be released and a name for the event, I'll send it to Maddy.

ARC: Tuesday is the Special Interest Presentation event

JY: Currently we have... no participants.

ARC: Hopefully there will be more uptake when we re-share the event

ARC: Thursday is currently free. The Yoga-soc event isn't working out, so we're considering doing something with Got Limits and mocktails.

ARC: Friday will be the UCU event. It should be quick to organize and we're waiting on presenter responses

ARC: Saturday will be the Neurodiversity Talks

KO: I've heard back from one person definitively, it is coming together slowly.

ARC: I'm wondering if we want to have a talk with the one person and a lecturer, and have a discussion group after.

KO: I can talk to the lecturer and see if she would be interested. It would take place on Teams

ARC: Sunday is Maddy's event, which is a music event. As far as I know, she has found one person, but is struggling to find more people.

ARC: The last one is an art competition. Art Soc said they would publicize it. People can do some kind of art around the theme of disability, and voting will work like the battle of the bands.

ARC: Does anyone have any questions?

KO: How long do the bios need to be?

ARC: A little paragraph, different for events with speakers

ERW: I can put a thing in the all-students email as well, if someone can gather the big-ticket events in the week for the email. The blurbs are a bit shorter due to space constraints.

Other Business:

ARC: Does anyone else have any other business?

KK: So, not top priority right now, but we have a collab in week four with Amnesty international. We have an open platform to talk about whatever we want, and if anyone has things to include, please let me know.