Event Safety Steward
The role of Event Safety Steward supports continuous improvement of the service provided by the Customer Safety team and is centred around improving the customer experience whilst working to protect SASA’s Premises Licence.
- To participate in the development of new systems of work to improve quality and safety:
- To record and hand out items of lost property, ensuring relevant paperwork is completed.
- To understand and adhere to relevant health and safety aspects & legislation.
- To ensure general housekeeping, maintenance and hygiene tasks are carried out as required, reporting thefts, defects or damages to the Security Supervisor/Duty Manager.
- To report any accidents or incidents involved in or witnessed to Security Supervisor/Duty Manager
- To assist staff from other departments if required and any other duties that may reasonably be expected by the Security Supervisor/Duty Manager
- To work with cognisance of the 5 licensing objectives with the aim to protect SASA’s Premises Licence & uphold the relevant aspects of the Operating Plan.
- To partake in any Emergency Evacuation duties as required.
- To assist Licensed and senior staff with box office duties, allocation of wrist bands and cash reconciliation.
- To manage queues and capacities under the direction of SIA Licensed staff and senior staff.
- To assist with end of night dispersal policy and any other clean down duties under the direction of senior staff.
- Ability to operate autonomously
- Team player and leadership skills
- Professional, polite and helpful
- Responsible attitude
- Efficient and productive
- Flexibility to working hours
- Relevant Industry Experience
Hours of work
This will be centred around a weekly issued Rota, hours will generally be the same or similar each week focussed on weekly large scale events depending on requirements and agreement with line managers. Optional additional hours will be available for annual one-off events subject to /availability agreement with line managers.
No additional payments or allowances or contractual entitlement to overtime is given for evening and weekend hours.
An application form for these vacancies is available here.
An equal opportunities form can be found here.
These may be returned to: HR Manager via email: [email protected] or post: Union Building, St Mary's Place, St Andrews, KY16 9UZ
The University of St Andrews Students' Association is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes all applications regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, colour, race or ethnic origins or disability.