The role of Licensed Customer Safety Steward supports continuous improvement of the service provided by the Customer Safety team and is centred around improving the customer experience whilst working to protect SASA’s Premises Licence.
- To undertake all SIA Licensable activities:
- Vetting and refusing at the front door in line with SASA’s admissions policy
- Intervening in disorder and correct and lawful use of Physical Intervention
- Asking customers to leave when necessary in line with SASA Policy
- To specialise in Front Door Duties and provide and expert knowledge on vetting customers for suitability, exercise accurate and consistent application of the database when selecting customers for entry
- To participate in the development of new systems of work to improve quality and safety:
- To mentor, guide and train newcomers to the Customer Safety Team.
- To record and hand out items of lost property, ensuring relevant paperwork is completed.
- To understand and adhere to relevant health and safety aspects & legislation.
- To ensure general housekeeping, maintenance and hygiene tasks are carried out as required, reporting thefts, defects or damages to the Security Supervisor/Duty Manager.
- To report any accidents or incidents involved in or witnessed to Security Supervisor/Duty Manager
- To assist staff from other departments if required and any other duties that may reasonably be expected by the Security Supervisor/Duty Manager
- To work with cognisance of the 5 licensing objectives with the aim to protect SASA’s Premises Licence & uphold the relevant aspects of the Operating Plan.
- Ability to operate autonomously
- Team player and leadership skills
- Professional, polite and helpful
- Responsible attitude
- Efficient and productive
- Flexibility to working hours
- SIA licence holder
- Relevant Industry Experience
Hours of work
This will be centred around a weekly issued Rota; hours will generally be the same or similar each week focussed on weekly large scale events depending on requirements and agreement with line managers. Optional additional hours will be available for annual one-off events subject to /availability agreement with line managers.
No additional payments or allowances or contractual entitlement to overtime is given for evening and weekend hours.
An application form for these vacancies is available here.
An equal opportunities form can be found here.
These may be returned to: HR Manager, via email: [email protected] or post: Union Building, St Mary's Place, St Andrews, KY16 9UZ,