The Career Launch conference provides a unique opportunity to focus intensively on your employability skills and boost your attractiveness to employers.
At the end of this inter-semester break conference you will have:
• Improved clarify around what you want to do
• Improved your assessment centre chances
• Developed your teamworking skills
Featuring external speakers and graduate employers, as well as internal experts from the Careers Centre and CAPOD, you will receive individual attention as well as a range of benefits not normally available to students during term time:
• Free Microsoft Office Specialist registration: The opportunity to register on the MOS IT qualification and be part of a pilot group who can work on this during semester 2. A cost saving of up to £180 on RRP.
• Free Belbin team role report: An opportunity not normally available to UG students. £15RRP
• CV critiqued by an employer
• Interview practise, and personalised feedback on interview style
• Opportunity to take part in assessment centre style ‘team-challenges’
• Opportunity for presentation practise to a large audience
Conference fees are £50 per person (including three lunches). There are only 100 places available, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Career Launch is aimed at, although not limited to, 3rd and 4th year undergraduates, and taught postgraduate students.
Career Launch is supported by The University of St Andrews’ Students Association, CAPOD and Careers Centre.http://www.yourunion.net/careers