The Student Project Fund is a sum of money ring-fenced by the Students’ Association for distribution to any member or members of the Students’ Association with an original idea for a project to enhance and/or contribute to the student experience or provide clear student development.
The value of the fund for the academic year 2018-19 is £4000. The money is awarded on a discretionary basis and the Director of Student Development and Activities coordinates the administration of this fund.
- If applying through an affiliated society, Society Committee funding must be sought first via firstname.lastname@example.org : in this instance, evidence of the relevant prior grant application must be included with the application for the Student Project Fund. The Union reserves the right to cap applications to this or any other fund from both societies and individuals.
- If applying through an academic school, funding must first be sought from the School. If you require further funding, you can apply to the Education Discretionary Fund by emailing Alice Foulis, the Director of Education, via email@example.com.
- If applying as a theatre production, Mermaids or Anthony Tudor funding must be sought first. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what funding opportunities are available to you.
- Money from the Student Project Fund can be used to pay for events, marketing, travel or any further costs.
- Events funded through the Fund are open to all students on an equal basis and follow Students’ Association Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Money from the Fund cannot be used to pay for alcohol.
- Original receipt and/or invoice need to be provided with any purchases.
- Changes to an event after the fund is awarded may lead to changes in the funding, or even withdrawal of funding. For this reason, it is mandatory to notify dosda@ of any change applied to the event (including date and location).
- It is the normal expectation that events funded by the Student Project Fund will make use of Association facilities, except where these are not available or suitable for the event.
- Any member or members awarded funding may be expected to attend meetings with the Director of Student Development and Activities or the Students’ Association President at regular intervals before, during and after the project, in order to monitor progress and offer advice and support.
- £500 will be the general maximum. Additional funds can be applied for but discretion of the entire funding body will be needed.
- A written summary/report will be due on completion of the project. A deadline for this will be given by the Director of Student Development and Activities at the time that a grant is awarded.
To submit an application for the Student Project Fund please click 'apply' below to log in and complete the form.
The DoSDA will email to confirm receipt of your application within one week.
Applications that progress are considered by the Director of Student Development and Activities, Students' Association President and Students’ Association Management Accountant. This body can grant in full, offer a sum on loan, grant in part or request further information.
Projects will be considered against all other applications received. Those that best serve the aims of the Students' Association and its efforts in enhancing the student experience will be given priority.
Shaina Sullivan - Director of Student Development and Activities
Additional funding opportunities
Student activities fund
This Fund has been created to show how the support of recent graduates helps you, our students! We hope it will be able to support a wide variety of projects and initiatives which will:
- Improve student life and welfare
- Enhance the student experience
- Promote educational excellence
Awards will be made to successful projects in early spring. Clubs and societies can apply for £500 of support from the Fund (awards up to £1,000 may also be considered.) Please note that applications from affiliated societies will be given priority.
The Student Activities Fund is not currently accepting applications, but you can email email@example.com to find out about other funding opportunities.