1. Organise an AGM or EGM and inform your members that you shall be holding one, at least 2 weeks before the proposed date. Then e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the proposed altered constitution. If possible email an old copy of your constitution also so that is clear what the changes being made are.
(Please remember that you must send details about your AGM/EGM i.e., when and where it is, to email@example.com so that a Returning Officer from the societies committee can be present at your AGM/EGM).
2. If you wish you may attend the next meeting of the societies committee (this must be before your AGM/EGM) to dicuss the changes (Tuesdays, 6pm, Committee Room) being made to your constitution. If not then the societies committee will discuss the changes without you being present. Please be aware that if the changes you propose need much discussion you will be asked to attend a Societies Committee meeting.
3. The Societies Committee will discuss the changes and vote on them. They will then inform you of the result of the vote.
4. If the proposed changes are approved by the Societies Committee, e-mail your members with the proposed changes to your constitution before the EGM/AGM, so that they can look over them beforehand.
[Please bear in mind that you will have to get the societies committee's approval on your constitution at least a week before your AGM/EGM so that you can let your members know what they will be voting on before the meeting takes place.]
5. Hold AGM/EGM and vote on the proposed changes (only paid members can vote). A member of the societies committee will attend your AGM/EGM as a Returning Officer.
6. If the changes are passed by your society then your constitution is changed, please make sure that you hold on to an updated copy (preferably on a computer) and pass it on to the next committee of your society.